Here are some smart money-saving tips to help keep you cool as a cucumber this summer.
- Regardless of how much or how little you use your air conditioning, it’s going to save you money, and be more efficient, if you pay attention to maintenance. Like any machine, it will run better if it’s clean, and use less power to do its job.
- Ceiling fans make a home feel cooler, whether you’re running the AC or not. Use a ceiling fan with 2 rotating directions; one way pulls cool air up, and the other pushes hot air down (great for winter).
- Those heat-producing chores…baking, running the dishwasher or dryer, hot water washing, etc. Can’t they wait until the sun goes down?
- Unless you need tons of natural light for indoor orchids or something else, drawing the blinds against the scorching sun helps keep the temperature down and takes some pressure off the air conditioning.
- If no-one is at home, don’t cool the house. However, keep your pets in mind. While the goldfish will be okay, birds, cats and dogs are susceptible to heat exhaustion, just like humans.
- If you’re in the market for a new air conditioning unit, look at the latest high-efficiency models, and be sure they carry the Energy Star label – you could save up to 30% on your cooling bill.
Our team at Winter Haven Air Conditioning has been serving Polk County, FL for 25 years. Family-owned and operated, our company’s services include air conditioning and heating installation, repairs and maintenance. We’ve built up a reputation of honesty and reliability, and when it comes to prices, we know we’ll beat the rest! Contact us today for more information.